FPE PTA Leadership
The following is a list of PTA positions (Executive Board, Board and program positions) that help make FPE a great school with our fundraising support, events and community service.
If you are interested in a position but would like to know more before committing, please consider attending the monthly PTA Board meetings and/or feel free to contact the current position holders to shadow them during the school year.
2017-2018 Board and Program Leaders
Executive board positions have a two year commitment. Program positions do not have term commitments.
|President (Executive Board): Valerie Weaks
The president directs affairs of the PTA in cooperation with members of the executive board and does the following:
- Channels information from the Oregon and National PTA.
- Presides over PTA meetings.
- Builds an effective PTA team.
- Delegate responsibilities to executive board members.
- Follow the PTA Standing Rules and the guidelines of Roberts Rules of Order.
- Determine the agenda in cooperation with the secretary.
- Maintain a fair and impartial position at all times.
- Represents the PTA at necessary meetings.
- Signs all contracts, orders and vouchers.
- Serves as ex-officio on all committees except the nominating committee.
- Follows the extended job description found in the Oregon State PTA Regional by-laws.
|Vice President (Executive Board): Michelle Dinsmoor
The vice-president, who may be called upon at any time to temporarily assume the place of the president, should make a thorough study of the president’s duties and responsibilities, and be familiar with the work of the association and does the following:
- Presides at meetings in the absence of the president or upon the inability of the president to serve.
- Assumes the duties of the president in the event of the president’s resignation until the position is filled in accordance with the bylaws.
- Acts as an aide to the president and assumes responsibility for duties assigned by the president.
- Performs any other specific duties that may be provided for in the bylaws or standing rules.
- Represents the president upon request.
|Treasurer (Executive Board): Stephanie Chang
The treasurer is responsible for the control and accounting of the PTA funds, and does the following:
- Maintains the full and accurate account of receipts and expenditures.
- In accordance with the budget adopted by the local PTA unit, makes disbursements as authorized by the president and/or board/program leaders.
- Presents a financial statement at every monthly board PTA meeting, and at other times when requested by the board and shall make a full report at the meeting at which new officers officially assume their duties.
- Maintains all PTA financial accounts and records.
|Secretary (Executive Board): Jinny Lam
The secretary is responsible for keeping accurate records of the proceedings of the association and does the following:
- Maintains an accurate record of PTA memberships as received from the membership chairman or committee.
- Records all business transacted at each meeting of the association as well as meetings of the executive committee/board and presents the minutes for approval at the next meeting of that same body.
- Has on hand for reference at each meeting a copy of the local bylaws and standing rules; the agenda; the minutes of previous meetings, including treasurer’s reports; a list of committees, including names of member of committees; and a list of the membership.
- Acts as custodian of all records and promptly delivers all records to their successor.
- Sends copies of required documents to Oregon PTA office.
|PTA Website Administrator (Board Position): Sharmeen Mecklai
The web administrator is responsible for creation and maintenance of the PTA website, as well as manages PayPal for the PTA.
|Membership (Board Position): Michelle Dinsmoor
The Membership Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment and collection of PTA memberships and does the following:
- Coordinate with PTA website manager to verify and update membership levels in PTA website.
- Coordinate with PTA website manager to send membership renewal notices.
- Prepare “invitation to join” letter for new families.
- Prepare and send membership data to the Oregon PTA data system in the Fall.
|Fundraising (Board Position):
The Fundraiser is responsible for identifying and coordinating activities to encourage donations to the PTA. Events that are specifically targeted to raise money for FPE PTA:
- Book Fair (Oct): Claire Tyler and Kirsten Crombie
- Box Tops : Kirsten Crombie
- Dine Out Nights: Valerie Weaks
- Charleston Wrap: Valerie Weaks
Volunteer Coordinator: Michelle Dinsmoor
The volunteer coordinator is responsible for recruiting and managing groups of volunteers, as well as individuals. The coordinator may schedule volunteers on an ongoing basis or single event, as well as keeping volunteers informed via email or other communication of current volunteering needs.
- Clothes Closet: Laura Randall
- Food Drive: Julie Hays and Colleen McBrinn
- Sustainability Coordinator: Colleen McBrinn
- Kindergarten Connect: OPEN
- School Beautification: Lorraine Poole
- Waste-Free/ Walk to School: Lynn Maletic and Diana Muirhead
- Teacher Liaison: Helene Hindlin and Kirsten Crombie
- Welcome Picnic (Sept)
- Kindergarten/New Family Social (Sept)
- Harvest Festival (Oct 28) – Amanda Kail and Frank Squillo
- International Festival – Date TBD Susan Lee Bird
- Carnival – May 18 – OPEN